The Cellular Clock of Aging Theory/ Cellular Aging
Since many human cells do not continue to reproduce indefinitely, this theory suggests that aging is a result of cells hitting their programmed reproductive limit. Normal human fibroblasts have a limited replicative potential and eventually enters a state of irreversible growth arrest. Senescent cells in tissues may accumulate to the point where their strength and functional capacity are compromised. The external sources that can contribute to cellular aging are the following: ionizing radiation, tobacco smoke, air pollution and genotoxic drugs.
Free radicals are byproducts of cell oxidation responsible for damaging DNA over time and therefore a cause of cell death. It is believed that consuming antioxidants in food would counteract this process.
Age-Related Changes in the Body
The time of your life when age-related changes appear depends on a variety of factors including genetics, culture, harmful food and toxins, over exposure to the sun, pollution and smoke. Over time these external factors can lead to tissue damage, hormonal production decline restricting its ability to maintain and repair cells, tissues and organs.
Can you slow down aging?
- Take fish oil. Anti-inflammatories fight free radical damage in the body.
- Avoid white sugar. Processed sugar speeds up the aging process by weakening the collagen in your skin.
- Nutrition. Eat a nutritious and balanced diet. Practice moderation in everything.
- Apply sunscreen or avoid the sun. Sunscreen protects against wrinkles and skin cancer and allows some repair of damaged skin.
- Eat plenty of omega-3 fatty acids. Fish such as mackerel, halibut, salmon, sardines, trout and tuna are all rich in fatty acids and help to nourish skin.
- Get plenty of sleep. 7 – 9 hours of rest will reduce stress and strengthen memory. Sleep preferably by 10 pm.
- Drink water throughout the day. Fine lines can develop as a result of chronic dehydration. Take 10 – 12 glasses daily.
- Skin care. Moisturizer hydrates and acts like a protective shield for your skin. Use gentle products (preferably VCO-based) to cleanse, tone and moisturize your skin.
- Eat all your super foods. These include salmon, walnuts, spinach, buckwheat, beans, avocado, berries (especially acai) and all other fruits and vegetables.
- Stay active. Exercising in 20 minutes, three or four times a week, can make a huge difference to the aging process. Moderate exercise is the absolute best way to reduce the effects of aging.
- Stay cheerful. A positive attitude and outlook keeps your immune system strong.
- Take a natural anti-aging and skin brightening supplement. This is highly-recommended to make sure you are getting all the nutrients that you need to slow down aging and keep you healthy at all times.
What are the benefits of Novuskin Lift?
Novuskin Lift helps prevent premature skin aging, moisturizes and helps protect the skin from daily UV ray exposure, improves the skin’s elasticity, reduces the appearance of fine lines and brightens the skin.
What are the 18 Natural Anti-aging and Brightening ingredients of Novuskin Lift?
- Marine Fish Collagen- the benefits of marine fish collagen includes anti-aging, bone healing & regeneration, wound healing and increased protein intake.
- L-Glutathione- this also know as the master antioxidant. It is the defender of the human cells. It also neutralizes any type of free radical, responsible for recycling other antioxidants and it is the most important antioxidant in the human body.
- Grapeseed Extract- is rich in powerful antioxidants and natural plant compounds called oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes (OPCs). the extract contains a very concentrated dose of powerful antioxidants and antibiotics. Some of the benefits of grapeseed extract are the following: Used to treat a range of health problems related to free radical damage, including heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Grape seed extract has also been shown to protect against bacterial infections, such as Staphylococcus aureus.
Chronic venous insufficiency – blood pools in the legs, causing pain, swelling, fatigue, and visible veins. A number of high quality studies have shown that OPCs from grape seed can reduce symptoms.Edema, swelling caused by surgery or an injury, seems to go away faster when people take grape seed extract. Edema is common after breast cancer surgery, and one double-blind, placebo-controlled study found that breast cancer patients who took 600 mg of grape seed extract daily after surgery for 6 months had less edema and pain than those who took placebo. Another study found that people who took grape seed extract after experiencing a sports injury had less swelling than those who took placebo.
- Pine Bark Extract- is a powerful antioxidant that helps in strengthening blood vessesls, increases blood flow from tiny vessels to tissues, improves cardiovascular health and increases circulation, supports healthy blood pressure, supports brain function, reduces leg and ankle edema and improves delivery of oxygen to cells.
- Green Tea Extract- also known as camella sinensis contains antioxidants that protect the cells from free radical damages. It is also a good anti-inflammatory agent.
- Korean Ginseng- some of the benefits of Korean Ginseng are, it helps in stimulating hair growth, stimulates good physical and mental health, drops blood sugar levels and aids in weight control and supresses appetite.
Where to buy?
Novuskin Lift is available at Mercury Drug and Watsons nationwide.